Hypnosis Recordings Shop
Hypnotherapy recordings CD and MP3 downloads
The ‘Compulsions’ Index Page
This page has links that will lead you to further information on body dysmorphic dysfunction (body dysmorphia), obsessive compulsive disorder, attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, compulsive lying and compulsive nail biting. In addition to the links below we also see people for such issues as compulsive shopping, gambling, hair pulling (trichotillomania) and those who compulsively over-exercise. We do understand that these issues may not seem even remotely related to you, but some of them do, in fact, function in the mind in quite similar ways. In addition, we are grouping them together on this page just to make it easier to organise all the information on this website for you.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD, ADD)
- Psychologists do like to give things complicated names, don’t they? Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD – ADD (sometimes people miss out the hyperactivity bit), is a disorder that can anyone can suffer from, although it is most common in children and adolescents, most commonly in boys). First things first: If you are a parent of a child with ADHD then it is up to YOU to do most of the work. Some children ‘go ape’ when they are given foods with additives or artificial colourings or sugar. You MUST cut these things out of their diet. We don’t mean to sound cruel, but giving some children ‘sweets’ can be as bad as injecting them with amphetamines. You may think that this is misplaced, but if your child is suffering from ADHD then we would like to work with you first, your child afterwards.
- BDD – Body Dysmorphic Dysfunction – Body Dysmorphia
- Body dysmorphic dysfunction can be readily treated with the reconditioning methods we utilise from the fields of NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) and hypnotherapy. We do understand that this is a horrible condition to suffer from, that some of the time you know that what you are thinking about yourself is not accurate, but the thoughts that appear in your mind about the way that you look are seemingly totally out of your control. You share this style of thinking with those suffering from anorexia nervosa. As we state many times on this website, our work isn’t therapy, it is training. It is training for you so that you are in control of your imagination, rather than the other way around…
- Compulsive Lying
- This, like pretty much everything else, is a bad habit. Maybe you have lied to make others think more of you, to impress them. Maybe you have lied because you were scared that if you told the truth the other person would be angry, sad, disappointed or upset. Then, as you well know, you began to dig yourself a hole, and had to lie more and more to support the original untruth. Compulsive lying is always based on ‘fear’ in its broadest sense, and habit. We train you so that you aren’t scared of telling the truth, and, using hypnotherapy and NLP, work with both your conscious and unconscious mind to re-pattern your thinking, feeling and behaviours. Some of the people that we have seen for compulsive lying problems had lost everything, their spouse their children, their job, everything. If this describes you it is still possible to turn your life around, to begin to build a wonderful future. If this could be you, then contact us before you go any further…
- Compulsive Nail Biting
- And now for something much more straightforward. Compulsively biting your nails can usually be totally sorted in one session, occasionally two. It’s not 100% guaranteed but it usually works.
- Compulsive ‘Problem’ Gambling
- Compulsive gambling is one of those obsessions that can seemingly wreck lives. We have seen many people who had lost just about everything, partners, jobs, houses etc, through their addiction to gambling. It is possible to get control of your life back and overcome this terrible habit.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – OCD
- Some websites spend pages describing the problems you have. If you suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), then you don’t really need us to spend too much time telling you what your problems are. You already know. There are a large range of obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms ranging from repeatedly checking the tap is off, to being haunted by gigantic irrational thoughts that the kitchen is covered with bacteria (despite the fact that you have spent the last three hours cleaning it) to obsessive thoughts that if you don’t tap that door handle exactly seven times then ‘bad’ things will happen to you or someone you care about. So, what do we do to help? We train you to be the director of your imagination, rather than the star in the same horror movie that you see in your mind again and again and again. We train you to be the person in control of your internal dialogue - everyone who suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder goes on and on and on and on about whatever they are obsessing about in their mind. The big question is this. What are you going to do with all the extra time, the time you will gain when you aren’t doing obsessive compulsive things in your mind any more?
- Obsessive compulsive shopping and overspending
- The problems of obsessive compulsive shopping and overspending are quite obvious to anyone and if you are reading this then the chances are that you need help to get your life back under your control. More information on how to stop obsessive compulsive shopping and overspending.